Schedule: This course is self paced, so you do not need to log on at any certain time. You will receive your log in on or before 5/2/2018 and then have access to the course until the 5/20/2018
Literacy; Hands on Strategies to Spark a Lifelong Love of Reading – online May 2- May 20, 2018. This online training is 5 hours of content for a .5 CEU.
BOSTnet led a summer literacy initiative serving 2,500 children each year. Here are the essentials of what we’ve learned over the last 7 years (and this meets QRIS requirements, just ask). So whether you’re looking for a few literacy activities or to design your entire program’s focus this course will meet your needs. We explore the aspects of literacy, what makes up oral language, how to modify and design curriculum, and other relevant topics.
I would like to sign up for this individual training at a cost of $25.00:
This Training is now full
I would like to sign up for the entire series of all five trainings at a cost of $75.00: This Training Series is now full
Training Series and Registration Details: This CEU training series is a great way to gain up to 2.5 CEUs (25 training hours) during the winter and early spring months without venturing out into the snow and ice! This series of online trainings supports the development of skills to promote positive behavior when addressing challenges such as bullying, supporting children who are trauma survivors, and crisis de-escalation. Participants will also explore family and community engagement and real-life strategies to design an engaging literacy program. Originally designed for the out of school time population, these trainings are great for all programs working with young children and families, but may not be as relevant to programs working only with infant and toddler populations. These trainings may be purchased as a series (for a discounted rate of $75.00) or as individual courses (for a rate of $25.00 each).
- Promoting Positive Behavior: Understanding Bullying and Prevention Strategies– online January12- January 29, 2018. This online training is 5 hours of content for a .5 CEU.
- Engaging Families, Schools and Community Partners– online February 1- February 19, 2018. This online training is 5 hours of content for a .5 CEU.
- Promoting Positive Behavior; Understanding Triggers and Crisis De-escalation– online March 1- March 18, 2018. This online training is 5 hours of content for a .5 CEU.
- All Means All; Supporting Trauma Survivors and Students with Social, Emotional Challenges– online April 4- April 20, 2018. This online training is 5 hours of content for a .5 CEU.
- Literacy; Hands on Strategies to Spark a Lifelong Love of Reading– online May 2- May 20, 2018. This online training is 5 hours of content for a .5 CEU.